Delicious Super Bowl Snacks

Friday, February 5, 2021

As much as I love food and themed snacks, I can't believe this is the first time I'm writing about food. The Super Bowl seems like a great place to start though, because not only is it the main event for football, but also the main events for snacks. Below I've listed some great snacks to prepare for the big game this Sunday. 

Themed Snacks:

Football Deviled Eggs- We loved deviled eggs areound here, which is why last year we made this app for a Super Bowl party. If you know how to make deviled eggs, you're pretty much all set. Just add a little but of chives on top, and you've got yourself a football. 

Football Bread Bowl -  We also brought this to a party a few years back. Making this bread bowl isn't extremely challenging. I felt the hardest part was making the actual dip. A good shortcut to this is to buy store bought dip and just put it in the bowl.

Football Chocolate Covered Strawberries - I've never made my chocolate covered strawberries into a football, but chocolate covered strawberries are always a hit. If you're looking to incorporate a little theme into your Super Bowl spread (and something sweet!) these are a win for sure.


Fan Favorites:

Buffalo chicken dip - To be honest, when I make buffalo chicken dip I just wing it. I've made it so many times, and had so many different versions, I feel like I could make this one in my sleep (and that says alot, as I'm not the best cook). If you have the staple ingredients (chicken, hot sauce, cream cheese, ranch or blue cheese dressing, and shredded cheese) the world is your oyster. If you feel more comfortable using an actual recipe though, I linked the most simlar to the one I usually make.

Grape Jelly Meatballs- My friend introduced me to a version of these and they are DELICIOUS!! When I found out there was grape jelly combined with meatballs I was a little skeptical, but once you taste them, you will never doubt this combo again. 

Potato Skin Rounds - If you know me, you know I love anything that involoves a potato, which means I also love potato skins. I love this take on potato skins because they are smaller (leaving more room to fill up on other snacks 😉) and easy to hold, making them the perfect Super Bowl snack.

Trader Joes Snacks:

If cooking isn't your thing, or you're just in the mood for something simple, I've listed some of my favorite pre-made apps to grab at Trader Joes.

  • Artichoke & jalapeno dip
  • Frozen creamy spinach and artichoke dip
  • Frozen mac and cheese balls 
  • Frozen parmsean pasty puffs
  • Frozen spanakopita
  • Pepper jelly (this is great if you want to make a small cheese board // I've also heard it's fantastic poured over cream cheese)
  • Spinach and kale greek yogurt dip

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)